As our key focus remains safeguarding our participants, their families, and our team, we are continuing to follow advice from the Australian Government and WA Department of Health.
To ensure that you are kept up to date we will endeavour to send updates weekly or sooner if changes occur.
We will be refocusing our activities and itineraries on education of health and hygiene practice as well as social distancing. Our participants will be learning valuable skills while enjoying fun and interactive games and activities through an inclusive and supportive environment.
Before and during every Camp and Program participants will learn the following:
- The importance of good hygiene and good hygiene practices
- Social distancing and its importance, while remaining inclusive and fun
- The importance of handwashing and good handwashing practices
- “Hand Washing Hero” Awards
- The Pepper Experiment. An educational science experiment to demonstrate the importance of using soap when washing your hands.
- Hand wash sing-a-long
This is an opportunity to CONNECT as a community, LEARN new skills and practices, and CELEBRATE our kindness and support towards one another.
Updates as of 24 March 2020:
- Updated pre-screening questions:
We have updated our pre-screening questions regarding international travel, flu-like symptoms as well as social distancing. They now ask the following:
- Have you / your child travelled internationally over the past fourteen days?
- Have you / your child been ill with flu-like symptoms over the past two weeks?
If flu-like symptoms are experienced you will need to visit the doctor and be cleared of Covid-19 and fully recovered from flu-like symptoms before coming on a camp/program
- Have you / your child been in close contact (within 1.5 metre for 2 hours or longer at a time) with anyone who has travelled internationally over the past two weeks?
- Have you / your child been in close contact (within 1.5 metre for 2 hours or longer at a time) with anyone who has displayed flu-like symptoms over the past two weeks?
- Social distancing:
Social distancing has increased from 1 metre to 1.5 metres.
We will continue to provide fun and inclusive activities that achieve Cahoots learning outcomes, as well as including education for our participants on camps and programs within this changing environment.
- All activities on camps will be held onsite and/or outdoors
- All activities on programs will be held outdoors, weather permitting.
- Facilitator, Leader and Staff education/training:
Cahoots Facilitators, leaders and staff will be completing an online module focused on supporting people to stay-infection free before coming on camps and programs.
- Cancellation policy:
Cahoots has updated our cancellation policy to support families during this challenging and changing time. 100% credit will be given to families cancelling with any notice period, while Covid-19 is an ongoing challenge for our community. Credit notes to be used within 6 months.
Most importantly we would like to thank you for your patience and flexibility through these changing times. We will most certainly get through this together, showing support for one another and our community.
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to get in contact.