To volunteer please visit our activity calendar to choose your activities.
Our Volunteer Opportunities
We are a registered NDIS provider, running a variety of inclusive services throughout the year, catering to people of all abilities aged 5+.
Each of our activities is run by a qualified and experienced team of all ages and backgrounds. Our team is caring, enthusiastic, and dedicated to making our services the most engaging and rewarding experience it can be for the young people in Cahoots’ care.
Cahoots are camping experts, with over 35 years’ experience, and can coordinate a camp tailored specifically for any school or other group of people aged 5yrs or older.
Cahoots also supports local clubs and businesses to become more inclusive and accessible by offering consultancy and training.
The experiences include:
- Overnight programs – 1, 2, 3 or 4 nights per ‘camp’
- Programs (daytime or evening recreation activities)
- Cahoots Connects – Essential shopping delivery service
What do volunteers do?
The primary role of Cahoots recreational volunteers is to provide duty of care for participants and to help them connect, learn and celebrate! Cahoots also has opportunities for people who would just like to help us by driving a van, running an activity or doing some cooking or catering for participants.
Some volunteer roles include:
- Duty of care for participants
- Participating in activities with participants
- Making sure participants are safe
- Helping participants learn and make friends
- Driving our participants to and from camp and between activities (specialised volunteer role)
- Cooking and catering (specialised volunteer role)
- High support care including high support behavioral care and medical care (specialised volunteer role)
How to sign-up!
To register your interest to volunteer with Cahoots you will need to select an activity that you are interested from the activity calendar. Once you have opened the activity you are interested select ‘VOLUNTEER FOR THIS CAMP/PROGRAM’ at the bottom of the page.
You be asked to complete a short form including the following documents. If you don’t have these documents – we will help you get them!
- Working With Children’s Check
- Police Clearance
If you are signing up for the first time you will also need to attend a Cahoots induction session. A list of our upcoming inductions can be found here.
Becoming a Camp or Program Facilitator
Cahoots is always looking for volunteers who show initiative and potential to become one of our fixed-term, part-time camp/program facilitator staff. To express your interest in becoming a facilitator please email firstname.lastname@example.org.